THE REAL HAWAII
THE REAL HAWAII
• Hidden waterfalls, as high as 400 feet
• Secluded jungle waiting to be explored
• The most romantic places on Maui
• Jaw-dropping natural wonders
Our Road to Hana CD guide offers you much more than an exchange of information. You are getting much more than just knowledge. The mixture of the music and narration will compliment the emotions and feelings you are having as you experience this tropical paradise for the first time.
The benefits of an audio guide:
• You go at your own pace
• No buses loaded down with tourists
• No book to decipher as you drive
• You do the driving, and we do the guiding
• Plus, did you know that adding the element of sound enhances all of your other senses?
The R2H difference
No other travel guide will offer you the heightened experience we provide. As one of our customers said it best...
• Panoramic views of sparkling coastline
• An enchanting bamboo forest
• A "clothing-optional" beach ;)
• Incredible food stands and restaurants
• And the 3 stops you will NOT want to miss!
26 narrated tracks on audio CD covering:
• The top 15 spots on the Road to Hana
• History of Hawaii
• Plus, Hollywood on Maui
An Original Soundtrack:
• Scored specifically for this CD Guide
• Features the epic sounds of a full orchestra
• Perfect blend of current and traditional Hawaiian music
• Actual nature sounds from the Road to Hana and Maui
The R2H Roadmap + Itinerary + Driving Tips:
• The best spots as voted on by R2H customers
• Large map with important mile markers
• Your choice of a 1 or 2-day itinerary
• Driving tips for the Road to Hana
• Checklist of important items to bring
• Photos from the Road to Hana
1 Rent a Jeep Wrangler.
There is no better way to experience the canopied rainforest, winding roads, and rugged terrain. This is one of the most important Road to Hana tips! Do not neglect this one if at all possible.
2 Begin before 7 a.m. in Paia.
There is so much to see, plus you’ll beat the crowds. Grab breakfast before you go at Charley's or Paia Bay Coffee in downtown Paia. Both have excellent service and their food is superb.
3 Fill up your gas tank before you go.
The next filling station is in Hana Town!
4 Show aloha.
Allow locals and lines of cars to pass.
5 Slow down. Take your time.
This is not a race. There is no finish line. The only prize you'll receive is the sights you see and the memories you make.
6 Plan to spend at least one full day on the Road to Hana.
We recommend two or more days. This will be your favorite part of Maui. This is the Hawaii you've grown up dreaming about.
7 Stay AT LEAST 1 or 2 nights in Hana.
We recommend staying your ENTIRE vacation in Hana if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle and experience true paradise. This is the REAL Hawaii. Our favorite hotel is in Hana. It was rated the #1 resort in all of Hawaii! This is the best hotel on Maui. Find out why.
8 Drive the full loop.
Don't listen to the naysayers. If you do, you'll miss out on some of Maui’s greatest visual treasures. Other guides and reviews will recommend you turn around after Hana. But there is so much more to see! Two of our favorite sites in Maui are beyond Hana town. Many will steer you away from this because of danger. The back side of the loop is a little bumpy from years of patching the road, but it's paved and completely safe. The only thing you will need to be sure to check is whether your rental car agency has any restrictions.
9 Support the local restaurants and food stands.
Other guides and reviews will tell you there is no lunch until Hana. Our Road to Hana CD details all of the great local places to eat from Paia to Hana and beyond. Again, you will miss out on many delightful treats if you choose not to stop and support the locals.
10 Begin the journey prepared.
Below is a list of items that will help you maximize your experience.